Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christy's Craft Challenge - January 2009

Here's my entry in Christy's Craft Challenge: a receipt holder and notebook!

refibered's craft challenge entry

The January challenge was to use the green paper, state fabric, brads, rubber bands and embroidery floss. How did I do it? Well, the wallet uses the state fabric, as well as some Ikea fabric from my stash. The closure on the wallet is part of a rubber band, and the button (also from stash) is sewn on with the embroidery floss. The notebook uses the green paper for backing and brads to hold it together. I went one step further and cut up the information sheet to use for paper in the notebook!

refibered's craft challenge entry

The piece of state fabric I received had Nebraska, so of course I had to utilize that bit! I also like the compass on the front.

refibered's craft challenge entry

There are more entries at Christy's flickr group. Check out the competition, then go to the poll and vote for your favorite (um, just so you know, the receipt holder is your favorite).

k

No comments: