Saturday, January 10, 2009

cactus!

Remember my post about the craftster pin cushion swap? Well, I have the fastest and quite likely most talented partner in the group! She made this fabulous cactus pin cushion!

Photobucket

It is so flipping cute! Here's hoping the pin cushion I make for her is half as cute.

********

It's been a week now since my last post. Why? No real reason. It's just that sometimes I get in a mood where I don't feel like talking/doing/being.

There's a lot going on: sewing every day (except Wednesday. oops), running errands, the usual stuff. Leith's back at Montessori this week. She was definitely ready for class to start up again. So was I.

I wonder if part of my disengagement is because I've flubbed a couple of sewing things. One of the shirts I made for Leith has a wonky neckline because I didn't cut the neck piece short enough. oops. Accidentally sewed a piece backwards on another shirt, but I didn't realize it until too late (new pattern). oops. The pin cushion I was working on today is just not coming out the way I'd imagined. OOPS. lol

But, instead of focusing on the positive - sewing every day, having completed a couple of totally cute shirts for Leith, some great ideas running through my head and having received a great swap pin cushion - I'm wallowing in the messes. ugh. Gotta drag myself out of it....

Ironically, blogging seems to be helping already!

k

1 comment:

oobbles said...

Also, you must live in the now. The past is dead. Sheesh, don't you read my blog?!?! (O__o)