Sunday, May 3, 2009

Couple of new things and a question

Actually, the question first: have you (or has anyone you know) made a coin quilt using some woven and some knit fabrics? I've been thinking about making memory quilts with tyke's baby clothes, and I *think* the coin quilt is my choice....but since some of the fabrics would be knit, I'm not sure how it'll work. Mostly wondering if I need to use some stabilizer on the knit pieces, but thinking maybe not since the pieces will be pretty small (essentially 2.5x5 or so).

It's likely I'll make at least three of them, one for tyke, one for us and one for my parents.

Now for the new things: there has been sewing! I've made a couple of AB swing bag style tote bags and an apron!

large tote - yellow birdseed


large tote - pinks


Photobucket

I'll definitely be making more of these things...especially that bag! It's really easy, looks great, has a terrific feel (there's a canvas lining, so a wonderful weight), and can be modified very easily.

One modification I'm planning is to bind the bag's curve. This picture gave me the idea -- what you're seeing is actually the lining fabric, but it looks like it's bound.

large tote - pinks - detail


k

No comments: