Sunday, November 30, 2008

Patterns and Fabrics and Sales. Oh My!

This blog post is being interrupted for an important bulletin: IT'S SNOWING!! I *love* the first snow of the year. It's beautiful. Pristine. Enveloping. Quiet. Full of potential (snowmen! igloos! sledding!).

These are big, thick flakes. There may not be many of them, and they may not stick around. But they're there!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled post.

********

Some of my favorite online shops are having some great sales! I just placed an order at banberry place. She carries great patterns, has got some yummmmmmy fabrics and is having a 'black weekend' sale. ohhhhh boy. It would be so easy to get carried away. But I controlled myself. For now. I'll check back there later today if I can't live without the gorgeous corduroy fabrics...

I finally ordered the Antonia pattern I've been lusting after for.ever. Yay! I'm steadily increasing my hoard of knits, and this is a great pattern for using just a little bit of several prints. You can be sure Leith will be sporting several funky shirts before the end of the year.

Also, I re-ordered the Olivia pattern. I had this one early on in my sewing journey, and for some reason was afraid of it, so I sold it. Now that I'm much more confident with knits, and with my sewing in general, I *want* it! So, today was the day. I really love the versatility of the underdress, and I think I'll like how it looks with the Anna wrap dress.

Oh, she also has a blog, StuntSewing, with shop updates, helpful pattern tips, and inspiring pictures!

********

Yesterday I was all about productivity. Okay, not really, but I did complete several things. Here are a couple of quick pictures for proof:

A Holiday/Celebration Anna

Here's a peek at the fabrics:

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



A cute reversible apron:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Plus, I finished up a size 5 Holiday/Anytime skirt!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Also, I finished an elf-ish hat and have cut out and started a different skirt....just need to get back in the sewing room and figure out how to ruffle some fabric!

k

No comments: