Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wide-Legged Lounge Pants and a cute shortie robe

First off, here's a link to a blogger who's made wide-legged lounge pants for her tyke out of a vintage pillowcase! What a great idea. I lurve pillowcases, and have a couple that will be perfect for this project. I don't have Amy Butler's In Stitches book, but I can probably figure out how to make them...or I can get a copy from the city library!

Secondly, and more importantly, here's my tyke in her cute little shortie bathrobe. She picked out the fleece herself! Pink! With Dalmatians! gee, who knew she'd like that?! lol

Photobucket

Well, it didn't start out as a bathrobe. It was supposed to be a fleece jacket. Smart me, I thought, gosh, I'll just make a size 4 and she can wear it over a sweater. ummm, no. Wayyyyy too big. *sigh* But, smart me, I thought, gosh, that looks like a little bathrobe. So I added a couple of belt loops and a belt. Ta-da. The shortie robe. Oh, and I stitched down the loops over the belt (does that make sense?) so the belt's no longer removable. Seriously, the jacket took less than an hour and making it into a robe took all of five minutes.

Tyke's been sick the past few days. We're all exhausted and some of us are more cranky than others. I was hoping to get a lot of sewing done Sunday, Monday and today...but illness intervened. John's going to be out of town for a few days this week, which is all right, but makes for very long days, on top of the very long days we've already had....I'm hoping she'll feel well enough to do a few fun things. She enjoys going into my sewing room and 'helping' me sew. I hope we'll be doing some of that, and not watching a lot of Curious George.

k

No comments: