Sunday, October 19, 2008

The List

Gosh, wouldn't it be wonderful to have a cleaned up sewing room? and lots of items completed and ready for the upcoming craft fair? Not to mention how nice it would be to have the painted buffet off the porch. Finally. Sheesh. I *know* all these things (and so many other little things in order to get these things) need to be done. Plus I know that if/when they're done, I'll feel so much better about them, myself, the world in general....

So. Here's my list. Obviously this isn't *everything* that needs to be done. Heck, it probably isn't even half of what needs to be done. But it's a start. Since I'm not getting *anything* done at this point, maybe this list will be the kick in the back of the pants that I need to get moving already!

In no particular order:

*clean up sewing room
In order to achieve this goal, I will need to do the following:

**organize fabrics - knits with knits, wovens with wovens
That sounds easy, but I make it much harder than necessary. How about this: laundry baskets. Put the loose fabrics in the appropriate laundry basket and then make the decisions about where do the knits live? and how to organize the wovens? That way, they're not just piled willy-nilly and there's some semblance of order. Yes. Laundry baskets it is.

**organize patterns
There's a great start here already! The ottos are in a file system. Just need to add the farbenmix. The Big 3 patterns do need a place to live. How about de-stashing some of those? Like most of them? Good thinking. Time to be ruthless again.

**clear off cutting table
Again, this goes with the whole laundry basket scenario. Some things are already cut out and waiting to be sewn. Mostly it's just auitioned fabrics that really need to be put away. Getting this done will go a *long* way toward doing some actual sewing.

**
de-stash
Be ruthless. You know you're not going to use that super-thin, poly (no, it's not a blend), baby pink stuff. Not even for stuffing something else. Just put it in the bag to take to the Goodwill. Then keep being ruthless and pare down some of that massive collection.





*bring in buffet from the porch
This is going in to the aforementioned clean sewing room - okay, mostly clean sewing room because I simply cannot leave it on the porch for as long as it may truly take to clean that sewing room. Besides, it'll be fun to have it stocked with nicely organized patterns.


*actually sew
Yay! I can't wait to get back to this.


As an aside, I'm wondering about a different name for the kids' clothes stuff. "refibered" is perfect for the totes/bags/recons, but what about the great things I make mostly from new fabrics? the stuff for kids? Those things are not exactly 'refibered' but I'd like to use something to keep it in the refibered family. Any suggestions?

Now I'm off to start clearing the jungle....

1 comment:

oobbles said...

Oh lawdy, I have a list too, but I'm not going to think about it right now! lol If I could just stay CAUGHT up and not have a list to begin with!
Shop names.. you want a second shop? Let me NOT reccomend that. I think refibered is fine for kids clothes too. But if you must have a second one... hmm, I will think on names.