Saturday, June 28, 2008

So much for getting in to the habit of posting every day! It's been a strange couple of weeks, but we've made it through.

My mom turned 70 last week. Jessica turned 22 a few days later, and here we are nearly at the end of the month.

John, Leith and I are leaving for Scotland in just a few days (okay, nine days, still....) so the next few days will be packed with working on Arlington (one of our rental houses, but we've decided to give it a face lift and then sell it), packing for our trip, and going to see Shakespeare on the Green in Omaha. Two nights in a row. "Much Ado About Nothing" and "King Lear." I really want to see "King Lear," but...let's face it, if something's gotta give, I'd rather miss Shakespeare than Scotland!

Not doing a lot of sewing this week. I've bought quite a bit of fabric -- some of the nicer stuff, too! A lot's come in, but there are still a few outstanding packages. Here's hoping I can do a little bit of sewing before we leave, because three weeks without a sewing machine will be *tough*! Fortunately, we'll be doing some shopping while we're there, so I'll be coming home with more fabric!

k

No comments: